Pages

Friday 20 November 2015

Dark woods (2)


In the dark woods
The little girl walked
Hand in hand with her Daddy
Slowly a voice
From inside her swelled
Soon a song of praise
She sang out loud and clear
"Lost in the woods
But safe all the same
In my dear Daddy's arms
Thank you my Daddy
Ever precious Daddy
For never leaving me
On days like these
Always near you are
To comfort and to help
I love you my Daddy
Forever and ever
I love the way
You hold my hand
Telling me to wait
That in due time 
You will show me the way
You saved me from
Being scared all day
You saved me from the dark woods
Never will I have to fear
That I will be here forever
For you dear Daddy
Made me a promise
When I first became your child
A promise that said
You will never leave me
That you will always be near
I love you my Daddy
For all that you've done
I will praise you
My whole life through"
JH
21-11-15


I hope you enjoy the carry on from the last one. My aim is to write three more as type of a story.  :-)
The 1st one you may have noticed is about our great caring father. This one about praising Him through life's storms.
The next ones you will have to wait and see.

No comments:

Post a Comment