Pages

Thursday 1 March 2018

Pregnancy

Baby Raspberry is growing, I'm tempted to say like a weed but that sounds just wrong. I'm 17 weeks along now and I have no idea were time has gone. From the moment I had an inkling till now has been a journey though.


I always thought that when I fell pregnant I would keep it a secret for a good amount of time. I found out that boy it's a hard secret to keep. 😁 When we found out Jamie and I decided to tell the family at Christmas. Which wasn't to long to wait, but when you are feeling sick and certain smells make you gag it's hard not to  just tell. I also had a father-in-law who decided to tease us about grandchilden and a sister-in-law who decides to read the back of a beer bottle "Not to be drunk in pregnancy" and basically ask me if I was because I wasn't drinking. (No I just really don't like the taste of most). They had no idea that I really was. 😜

Telling everyone was great. We got a couple of reallys? Like we were pulling a practical joke on them. Heaps of very surprised faces and happy family. It's the first grandchild on either side!

It's been a journey of good days and bad. Plus lots of afternoon naps. Heat and morning sickness don't go together I found out. Those days are over as the days are cooler and I only feel sick if I really need sleep or food. I have no cravings which is funny as to being with it was Mc Donald's and potato chips. I also can eat salad again, think I had like two all summer because I couldn't stand lettuce and mayonnaise. Which for me is very odd and sad for I love salad!

We had our first scan at the end of January. It was very special and sweet to see our little baby Raspberry kicking away and bouncing around. πŸ‘£To see the little heart beating away. πŸ’“ It's hard to imagine something that small at times.

Since then Raspberry has grown in size and made me out grow a lot of my pants. First time in at least five years! Bit of an odd feeling truth be told. I have also been able to feel movement and tiny kicks that almost tickle but are completely adorable.πŸ‘£ They are certainly getting stronger each week too. I'm pretty sure we have a very active baby(who decided today to catch up on sleep 😊)  Hearing the heartbeat for the first time was also very special. Its certainly precious to be carrying this little one.

My little cute bump!




No comments:

Post a Comment