Pages

Thursday 7 January 2016

The year 2015

A bit of a belated post but enjoy.

A year has come to an end. A year that flew bye in the blink of any eye. Its hard to believe that at the beginning of this year I hadn't finished school work yet. Now I have finished studying.
Each step of this year has been so different. It feels scary as I look back and see all that I have been through. All that I have concurred.
My year stared with...
 Youth camp. A refreshing time of relaxing, studding God's word and singing. Not to mention, talking to friends and not getting much sleep.
Then came the horrible bus ride from Hamilton to Palmerston North. Were I spent a week being a slave!. Helping one of my very precious friends clean house, before they sold it. Laughing together and scrubbing to our arms fell of. Singing and talking about life. Sharing thoughts and dreams. Spending time with her brother and sister, joking and driving each other crazy. Eating everything that we shouldn't, being stupid because that's what friends and their siblings are for. Properly best of all was the being together and encouraging each other in the faith. The worst part was leavening. I just hate goodbyes.
A lazy week or two came next. In which I spent catching up on much needed sleep and trying to get into study, BUT I couldn't twist the rules and start before I was 17.
Then it was back to normal life for about three weeks. Like before I finished school . Working away at flying speed on my Math. The only subject that I needed to finished. What an amazing feeling it was to finish school forever. Alone with the normal cleaning and scrubbing that I got given to do.
Then came a week or so cleaning like mad the kitchen before of on an other trip to Palmerston North to spend two more weeks with my dear friend before they moved overseas. A two weeks that flew buy in the blink of an eye, spent with two of my dearest friends and there families. Two weeks that shaped my life in a way I never thought two weeks could.  Shaped my life with a new motto or phrase "Help even when help is hard. Help those who are struggling. Help as Jesus Himself would have."
Those two weeks ended and home I went. To spend some time with my cousins who were visiting from Australia and having yet an other birthday. Boy I have had a few of those. Now for those who don't know my mum she has a habit of giving surprise birthday party's. This year to had one...even though by now I kinda know what she is up to.  This year is was extra special for without my knowledge she managed to get my dear friend and her brother down for the afternoon. Which was really sweet and special as it was the last time I saw then before they went overseas. I also was blessed to have four of my other friends who live in Auckland over as they so happened to be down for the weekend visiting family. I have to say no mater how old I get birthday still give me a lot of excitement. I don't believe I will ever lose the kid in me.
The next few months kinda dragged by. Not much to do apart from sit at home. In mid June I sat for my restricted license and past first try thankfully. This was just one more step of leaving my youth behind and starting to become an adult.
In mid July I stated my internship with PORSE. Over a 21 week course I learnt a lot, had a butch of fun and thrived in excitement. I was place with the sweetest family ever. Looking after there little girl who gave me a lot of joy and excitement. i never really expected to enjoy the study part, but I did. I found a passion in something I loved.
The year has draw to a close with so many things that are going on. New adventures are coming that I can't wait to tell you.
So long for this year and welcome to the next.



No comments:

Post a Comment