Pages

Saturday 21 May 2016

A tree of God's



But as for me, I am like a green olive tree in the house of God;

trust in the lovingkindness of God forever and ever will give You thanks forever, because You have done it,
And I will wait on Your name, for it is good, in the presence of Your godly ones.
Psalm 52:8-9


I am the Lord's
In His house I do dwell
He has planted me in His garden
I am like a tree
Thriving in His rich word
Producing fruit in season 
My roots go deap
He holds me firm 
His love to me is great
He tends me with loving care
A care ever faithful
He prunes away
My sinful habits
Grafts in new desires
O my previous Lord
Your care makes me cry
Your love I don't deserve 
I lift up my life to you
Take my desires
Make them yours alone 
I am yours forever 
Your hand will lead me all my days
I see it in my life 
Each day my Saviour I will wait on you 
For your plan is best
Through days when I am confused 
Trubbles or distress
I know your hand will be there
Holding onto me
I treasure those who love you Lord
To be with them is greatest joy
Together we wait on You
As each day of life goes by
I love you more and more
You give me things 
I don't deserve 
Lord I can't express my thanks
My words fail at the task
Lord you know my heart
You read it well
Aspect my thoughts I can't word
JH
21-5-16


No comments:

Post a Comment