Pages

Monday 15 January 2018

Living in Nelson

Over three months have passed since Jaime and I got married and nearly three since I came to Nelson. Life is certainly different, part from moving out of home and getting married and part from different towns.
There is the loves and the I miss moments.

Loves;
The weekly shop all by myself
Cooking whatever I feel like eating
Free time
Hugs!
Not waiting for Jamie to text back
Reading all day
Doing the washing
Walking
Phone calls from family
Snuggling in bed on Saturday morning
Fruit trees

Things I miss;
Noisy family
My car(that was never mine)
Wind!
Rain
A house with no flys because the frogs would eat them
Fast washing machine
All the families I worked for.
Carpet floors

The days are very different, not having work yet and having time up my hands. I really love the simple things in life through, like eating from my vege garden and cooking. Seeing Jamie's face when he sees dinner(they do say the way to a man's heart is through his stomach) Visiting Jamie's Oma and having a good chat over a cup of tea. Church activities. Knitting, I think I'm going to run out of wool. I have also been looking for work, sometimes it's an art to pick up interviews and at the moment its not working. We will get there in the end though.

You would think with all this time up my heands I would post regularly, but really I just think I'm not that kind of person. 
You would think with all of the time I have on my hands now days I would post regularly, I think you may be wishful thinking. I'm just not that good at making the time.

1 comment:

  1. Being away from home is weird, ay? Your torn between loving all the new things and missing all the old things, especially family. I'm in America now and missing my family so much!

    ReplyDelete