Pages

Friday 4 December 2015

Dark woods (5)


Dearest Daddy
The wee girl whispered
I want to thank you
But how do I 
Thank a Daddy like you
When I cried
You were there
When I needed help
You gave it
You told me to wait
So I did
And you answered me
Lead me to this place
A place of light
Away from dark woods
You never left me
Yet you could have
But no you loved me always
In the dark woods
When I felt so lost
You loved me
When I was lost
In the dark times
I love you my Daddy
I will praise you my Daddy
For you gave me your map
And lead me out
Out to the peace
Out to the light once more
I love you my Daddy
When into my heart you whisper
When you hold my hand
I may be little Daddy
But my feelings are big
Yet you are bigger than them
I love your safe arms
That are a comfort to me
I’m going to sing
I’m going to dance
For you my Daddy
Because you saw me
You helped me
You were there for me
When I cried
I am small
But big I will become
Even when I’m big Daddy
I will dance and sing
For you are the one
Who deserves my praise
You are the one
Who made me feel loved
When I was alone
Darkness isn’t dark Daddy
When I’m with you
Because you are my Daddy
You gave light to me
I love you my Daddy
Forever and ever
I will sing and dance
For you
JH
4-12-15



I think for all of us we can relate. We have all gone through those dark woods of life. What our reaction to those times will differ, but I hope that as you have read through these 5 poems that you may see the importance of praising God in the hard times as well. We all remember that we need to trust...though most of us find it hard to. For me praising was not something I had really thought about until lately.. When God my precious Savior brought it to my attention, through Bible readings, Family devotions and sermons. I have to say the Lord has His ways of bringing things across to us. Lets us show Him our love form Him by praising Him at all times.
May God bless you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment