Pages

Friday 11 December 2015

Praise

Its not very often when a sermon speaks to you in such a way that you feel compelled to write a poem. A few weeks back we had a sermon on Lords Day 9. LD 9 is very beautifully written especially the last two lines. Its really a confession. 
Enjoy


Almighty God so high above
Stooped down to earth
For us bellow
So praise the Lord
The Almighty Lord
For showing goodness
To us all
Giving Grace to us once more
Almighty God
O giver of life
How can we not praise you
Praise you enough we can’t
Power to create
To create every cell
To bring life to earth
Providing for it all
The Almighty God
Directs it all
Safe we are forever
Nothing can change His mind
Nothing at all
Praise the Almighty God
Praise our deliverer
Evermore and evermore
Great and mighty deeds
Never ending for we know
That this Almighty God
Will never die at all
Almighty Powerful God
Speak and we know your power
For all obey your voice
So let us praise our God
Our Amazing Almighty God
Forever and ever we will praise
Praise you till our death
For we are your servants
Praising you our God
Almighty God I praise you
Praise you for all you’ve done
Praise you for you love
I love to praise your name
Praise you for your strength
For your beauty my Saviour
It is my greatest pleasure
Let this pleasure never waver
O Almighty God
I trust you for I know
You will provide for me
Always love to praise you with
For you are Almighty God
With your help
I will reject idols
The idols of this world
Thank you Almighty God
Who helps me through this all
I will praise you O My Lord
Forevermore and evermore
JH
22-11-15

Image result for siluet of raising hands

Lord’s Day 9

Q. What do you believe when you say,
“I believe in God, the Father almighty,
creator of heaven and earth”?

A. That the eternal Father of our Lord Jesus Christ,
who out of nothing created heaven and earth
and everything in them,
who still upholds and rules them
by his eternal counsel and providence,
is my God and Father
because of Christ the Son.
I trust God so much that I do not doubt
he will provide
whatever I need
for body and soul,
and will turn to my good
whatever adversity he sends upon me
in this sad world.
             God is able to do this because he is almighty God                 and desires to do this because he is a faithful Father.

Let us join together and praise our Almighty Father forevermore



No comments:

Post a Comment