Pages

Wednesday 30 March 2016

18 years!

It's hard to believe that I've been around for 18 years today.
It's even hard to believe that it's been a year since I turned 17.
I look back at my life and see in amazement the way the Lord has worked in me. In ways I never would have imagined!
Our Lord is so great, His work in me is the work of a true artist.
I want to share with you one of the Lord's most touching moments in my life with you...

Lonely I was
Thirteen and lost
Who was there to talk to
But God
Were was a friend
Who I could treasure forever
So I bent my knees and prayed

"Lord I love you
You are a friend to me
 I know you have plans
Perfect plans for me
You will always be here
I can always talk to you
But there are days
Days when I long to talk
Talk to another human
Lord! Give a me friend
Just one O Lord!
One is all I need
Lord! Help me trust you plan..."

So I sat
Sat and waited
Sometimes patiently
Other times in frustration
The Lord had plans
Ones especially for me
He headed my frustration
He answered me
Blest me
So much more
 than I ever dreamed
So much quicker
Than I thought possible
In the span of time
Of a few weeks
He answered me
Giving me a friend
Yet not just one but two!

As weeks rolled into months
Months into years
These friendships were deepened
More blessings came
God's plans kept unrolling
Until he gave me...
Everyone of you
Each and everyone
So precious you are
So now again
I bend my knees and pray

"Lord not a day goes by
When I don't remember the friends
Friends that you have given me
They are like treasures Lord
Ones that have changed my life
Giving me joy
Laughter and good times
Lord bless them all
Shape them into creatures
More and more like you
Hold them in you hands forever
Lord bless them!"
JH
30-3-16


I want to thank you for all that you have been to me.
Some of you have been my friends for years others months, yet each and everyone of you are as special as the other.
I know this is my day, but in my heart it's really your day. I know many of you don't know the real impact you have had on my life, yet without you I wouldn't be were I am today. I wouldn't have the peace, joy and faith in my Saviour if it wasn't for you driving me on. I wouldn't have the hundreds of good memories; groggy mornings because we still haven't learnt to go to bed on time, fat letters, long phone calls, waking up to your texts, dying in laughter, play fights, bad food, teasing our siblings, have the opportunity to pray for you, encourage you, listen to you. To ultimately walk this heavenwould road with you.







No comments:

Post a Comment