Pages

Friday 31 July 2015

Bible Reading

I don't know about you, but over the years I have found personal Bible reading hard. Not only to make the time, but what book of the Bible to read from. It saddens me that nobody older than us tends to encourage us very much in it either. Its like its become a lost art. 
This year it has defiantly become easier. 
Easier because I haven't looked at it as something I should do, but something I want to do. Seeing it as a letter from my amazing Savior to me.
At the beginning of the year I went away a lot, to spend time with friends and was blessed by having one friend who I stayed with who also read her Bible every night. Just to be together and share a verse or two that came up when we were reading was the best thing ever. To be encouraged by what the other read and to encourage them back.
 I have to say its one thing we don't do enough these days. We are all guilty of it.

Just the other day one of my other friends texted me a Bible verse. I got it just before I headed of to work. It was such an encouragement. That evening I sent on back to her. Since then it has become a daily thing we do. I look forward to her verse in the morning and I'm sure she looks forward to mine at night.

To be encouraged and to give encouragement through the use of Gods word is a blessing to all. It makes you want to read your Bible to find a verse for that friend. It makes you want to grab yours and read the verses round it when you get sent one.

So I encourage you today to send a friend a Bible verse, to encourage then to read Gods awe striking word and to read it daily for ones self.

Here's the verse my friend sent me this morning...which I loved to bits
Shout for joy, O heavens! And rejoice, o earth! Break forth into joyful shouting, O mountains! For the Lord has comforted His people and will have compassion on His afflicted
Isaiah 49:13

And another that I sent to her...
You are our epistle written in our hearts, known and read by all men; Clearly you are an epistle of Christ, ministered by us, written not with ink but by the Spirit of the living God, not on tablets of stone but on tablets of flesh, that is, of the heart
2 Corinthians 3:2-3
...So show forth your epistle to those around you.

No comments:

Post a Comment