Pages

Friday 24 July 2015

Looking back and laughing

Do you ever get those days when you look back at something you did or wrote and just laugh? Well this is one of them.
So I came across this little letter I had to write for my bookwork. It got me in stitches for a whole pile of reasons...


After I received the congratulations of the Parliament members of becoming Prime Minister of New Zealand. I had to almost gasp for breath at the thought of being the Prime Minister of such a big place, living in a fancy house with servants (One of my childhood dreams come true.), being watched on TV, being greeted by thousands of people all over New Zealand. It felt like I was dreaming, I hadn’t expected to get in, at least not as Prime Minister. After regaining my posture, I walked up to a unprepared speech. I don’t know how I got through that next hour, but I did, with help from my Savior. I know that I will manage the rest of my time of Prime Minister with God’s help and Guidance also.
Jessica van der Zwaag
Prime Minister of
New Zealand

...The Prime Minister doesn't have servants. Only a house keeper called Margaret. Neither is it a very fancy place as I found out on a visit there last year.
(It used to be the dentist before it become the Prime Ministers dwelling) Though I did love the pink scalloped like curtains. I have now been on TV and though it is fun I don't know why I would want to be on it all the time. And I would always plan a speech, just in case it did happen.
So while it was funny what I wrote and what I think now.(Mainly because I know a few more facts) The one thing that struck me was the way I referred to the help of my Savior. Its something I still do in most of my writings. To think that is one theme that has stayed in my writings all these years. It amazes me. I can only say that it is God's doing!

No comments:

Post a Comment