Pages

Monday 27 July 2015

Thank you Lord

Thank you Lord for my life
The friends and Family
The Strength, joy and peace
You give to me each day
I couldn't live without You
My Saviour, King and Friend
I love you with the greatest love
My sinful heart can offer you

You saved me from the fiery furnace
Up from the pit you pulled me

When I cry you embrace me
When I sing you rejoice with me

You gave me life O my Saviour
The life I now live for you
Each heart beat is a song of praise
To thank you my dear friend
I pray O lord till death does come
My life will be a song
Reflecting all your ways O lord

To thank and praise thee
JH

This is one of my favorite poems I have written. It truly express what Christ has done for me. The feeling I feel within myself everyday that I know I wouldn't be here without him or the person I am today. 
There are so many days and hours when I look back on go...I never should be here in the peace that he gives, not after all that I did to him.
 I look back at the years were I didn't grasp what He came to earth to do, but somehow he placed faith in my heart.
 I know within myself that only a God like him can do such a thing. That He chose me, makes me want to live every step of my life for Him and him alone.


Psalm 116 

 I love the Lord, because He hears
My voice and my supplications.
Because He has inclined His ear to me,
Therefore I shall call upon Him as long as I live.
The cords of death encompassed me
And the terrors of Sheol came upon me;
I found distress and sorrow.
Then I called upon the name of the Lord:
“O Lord, I beseech You, save my life!”
Gracious is the Lord, and righteous;
Yes, our God is compassionate.
The Lord preserves the simple;
I was brought low, and He saved me.
Return to your rest, O my soul,
For the Lord has dealt bountifully with you.
For You have rescued my soul from death,
My eyes from tears,
My feet from stumbling.
I shall walk before the Lord
In the land of the living.
10 believed when I said,
“I am greatly afflicted.”
11 said in my alarm,
All men are liars.”
12 What shall I render to the Lord
For all His benefits toward me?
13 I shall lift up the cup of salvation
And call upon the name of the Lord.
14 I shall pay my vows to the Lord,
Oh may it be in the presence of all His people.
15 Precious in the sight of the Lord
Is the death of His godly ones.
16 Lord, surely I am Your servant,
I am Your servant, the son of Your handmaid,
You have loosed my bonds.
17 To You I shall offer a sacrifice of thanksgiving,
And call upon the name of the Lord.
18 I shall pay my vows to the Lord,
Oh may it be in the presence of all His people,
19 In the courts of the Lord’s house,
In the midst of you, O Jerusalem.
Praise the Lord!

No comments:

Post a Comment